BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business
BTEC Higher National Diplomas provide greater depth and specialization than BTEC Higher National Certificate qualifications. The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business provides suitable work experience so that learners can apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace during their study. The BTEC Higher Nationals in Business have been developed to focus on:
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in business such as administration, personnel, marketing, finance, law, purchasing and management.
- Providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study to meet local or specialist needs.
- Providing specialist options which meet the needs of the major functions in business and allow specialisation with career progression and professional recognition in mind.
- Providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a business context.
Aims of the qualification
This qualification meets the needs of the above rationale by:
- Equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business.
- Providing specialist routes of study which relate to individual professions within a business.
- Enabling progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area.
- Supporting individuals employed or entering employment in the business field.
Click here for full list of entry requirements for this qualification.
BTEC Higher National Diploma – Structure of qualification:
The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business is a 16-unit qualification of which eight are core mandatory units.
The Core Units: all eight units must be taken
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Business Environment
- Common Law I
- Business Decision Making
- Business Strategy
- Research Project
In addition to the mandatory units, students undertaking the HND (General) will be required to take optional modules (at least 8 units with a minimum total of 115. Currently, the following are the optional modules offered by Angels College:
HND optional units – at least 8 units with a minimum of 115 credits
|Management Accounting – Costing and Budgeting||4||15|
|Working with and Leading People||5||15|
|Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information||4||15|
|Advertising and Promotion in Business Marketing Planning||4||15|
|Sales Planning and Operations||5||15|
|Human Resource Management||5||15|
|Human Resources Development||5||15|
|The Internet and E Business||4||15|
|Quality Management in Business||5||15|
|Small Business Enterprise||5||15|
|Project Management for Business||5||15|
Details about specific modules will be available in the course handbook. If you need to find out more beforehand, please click HERE to visit the awarding body’s website
The HND is a level 5 qualification and is equivalent to foundation degree or year 2 in university.
Course duration Various – Flexible
Course fee: Click HERE for Course fees
Progression Route: 1 Year UK University degree top-up (i.e. BSc or BA Hons).
Mode of study: Distance – Online [with weekly / monthly tutorial sessions]
Mode of Assessment: Combination of report, essay and presentation
Still unsure? Contact us: email@example.com or on 01214485656