Structure of the qualification
BTEC Level 4 HNC
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) is a qualification with a minimum of 120 credits. The BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma programme must contain a minimum of 65 credits at level 4.
Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Health and Social Care (Management) (QCF)
- Qualification credit value: a minimum of 120 credits.
- Minimum credit to be achieved at the level of the qualification (level 4): 65 credits.
- Mandatory core unit credit: 75 credits.
- Specialist unit credit: 45 credits..
You will study minimum of 120 credits including the following mandatory units:
- Communicating in Health and Social Care Organisations
- Principles of Health and Social Care Practice
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care*
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care
- Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care
- Managing Financial Resources in Health and Social Care
Note: Your personal tutor will discuss the specialist units with you, and help you choose.
To equip individuals with underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the health and social care sector at supervisory or management levels or as a foundation to further study at degree level. It will be delivered by experienced staff who will provide a supportive and encouraging learning environment.
Applying theory to practice is an essential aspect of the course, and it’s therefore mandatory for students on this course to undertake practical work within healthcare environment during their studies. To successfully complete the mandatory unit ‘Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care‘ students must spend a minimum of 200 hours in placement in a range of care settings during their studies. Failure to complete the necessary hours in placement will mean the course cannot be successfully completed.
Course duration Various – Flexible
Entry requirements: Click HERE for full entry requirements
Course fee: Click HERE for Course fees
Progression Route: HND or Year 2 of UK University degree.
Mode of study: Distance – Online [with weekly / monthly tutorial sessions]
Mode of Assessment: Combination of report, essay and presentation
Still unsure? Contact us: email@example.com or on 01214485656
There are further details including the optional modules available in the course handbook, which will be given on induction. However, if you need to find out more beforehand, please click HERE to visit the awarding body’s website.
You could also use the contact form below for any further enquiries.