Structure of the qualification
BTEC Level HND
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits. The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma programme must contain a minimum of 125 credits at level 5 or above
Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF)
- Qualification credit value: a minimum of 240 credits. (A minimum of 65 credits must be at level 4 and a maximum of 30 credits may be at level 6.)
- Minimum credit to be achieved at the level of the qualification (level 5) or above: 125 credits.
- Mandatory core unit credit: 125 credits.
- Specialist unit credit: 115 credits.
- The requirements of the HNC have to be met.
About this programme
This course has been designed to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment in the health and social care services as well as possible progression to the third year of a degree programme.
You will study minimum of 240 credits including the following mandatory units:
- Communicating in Health and Social Care Organisations
- Principles of Health and Social Care Practice
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care*
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care
- Research Project
Note: Your personal tutor will discuss the specialist units with you, and help you choose.
To equip individuals with underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the health and social care sector at supervisory or management levels or as a foundation to further study at degree level. It will be delivered by experienced staff who will provide a supportive and encouraging learning environment.
Applying theory to practice is an essential aspect of the course, and it’s therefore mandatory for students on this course to undertake practical work within healthcare environment during their studies. To successfully complete the mandatory unit ‘Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care‘ students must spend a minimum of 200 hours in placement in a range of care settings during their studies. Failure to complete the necessary hours in placement will mean the course cannot be successfully completed.
Course duration Various – Flexible
Entry requirements: Click HERE for full entry requirements
Course fee: Click HERE for Course fees
Progression Route: 1 Year UK University degree top-up (i.e. BSc or BA Hons).
Mode of study: Distance – Online [with weekly / monthly tutorial sessions]
Mode of Assessment: Combination of report, essay and presentation
Still unsure? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01214485656
There are further details including the optional modules available in the course handbook, which will be given on induction. However, if you need to find out more beforehand, please click HERE to visit the awarding body’s website.
You could also use the contact form below for any further enquiries.