Entry requirements – Pearson BTEC HNC /HND (all pathways)
The Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the QCF for learners aged 18 years and over.
Edexcel’s policy regarding access to the qualifications is that:
- qualifications should be available to everyone who is capable of reaching the required standards
- qualifications should be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- there must be equal opportunities for everyone wishing to access the qualification. We need to review the profile of qualifications and/or experience held by applicants, considering whether this profile shows an ability to progress to level 4 or level 5 qualifications.
- all students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English can demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections for a level 4 or 5 qualifications.
- for learners who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- a BTEC Level 3 qualification in business
- a GCE Advanced level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C
- other related level 3 qualifications
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- related work experience.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
If you are unsure if your qualifications and/or work experience meet our entry requirements, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a brief message using the contact form below and one of our dedicated team members will get back to you soon